At UCL, I am building a research group on industrial ecology and policy. The group seeks to understand how public policy shapes the use of materials and energy in society. The methods include material flow analysis (MFA), life cycle assessment (LCA), techno-economic modelling, and policy analysis. The group work across disciplines and in collaboration with industry and policymakers to investigate government interventions that support the transition towards a sustainable circular economy.
Recent and current projects
- Techno-economic modelling of paper recycling
- The role of life cycle thinking in public policy
- Allocation methods for emissions accounting in aviation
- Non-hazardous waste generation in the U.S.
- Best practices for material flow analysis of waste